The W. R. Rudy's Country Store & Drugstore
Howard B. Parzow
Come back with us to the late 1800's. To the days of the horse and buggy, steam locomotives, and, of course, the local general store. The museum's shelves abound with the original products that this small farming and railroad community depended upon. A vast collection of wares displayed in vintage store counters, curved glass showcases and colorful wooden bins await your custom. Just inside, visit a soda fountain of the period with it's tempting delights. Step up to the 1890's drug counter where W.R. Rudy hand crafts every prescription. Our candy section recreates every child's dream and gives reason to beg Mom and Dad for a trip off of the farm just to stick their hand in a candy jar. Let the historic gas and oil lamps light your way into this warm and cozy atmosphere.
Return to the late 1800's
Rare Early 1900's Liquid Carbonic Soda Fountain - Always Home Made Ice Cream Served
George Is Proud Of His Candy Counter And Welcomes Visitors From All Over The United States
All Manner of Candies & Confections Await The Sweet Tooth Within Both Young And Old
A Well Stocked Drugstore Kept Our Customers Coming Back,
Says W. R. Rudy - 1898
Suffering From Colic, Fainting Spells, Gout Or Lumbago?
W. R. Rudy's Has The Answer
Everything A Woman Needs From Darning Socks To Making That Dress For The Upcoming Box Social
CLICK HERE TO SEE A SHORT VIDEO ALL ABOUT
HOWARD PARZOW'S AMAZING COLLECTION
Tours are by appointment only.
Contact me for pricing and availability.
The W.R. Rudy Druggist Building was first built in the late 1880's along the busy, dusty, main street of a fast growing railroad town known as Mt. Airy in western Maryland. As any fast growing town, Mt. Airy quickly required a need for many services, including a country store for mercantile and supply items, as well as the need for a full service drugstore. Walter R. Rudy, a druggist, built what is now known as the W.R.Rudy Druggist building located at 10 South Main Street.